Updated: May 25, 2018
- The personal data that we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use that data;
- How we share data; and
- The rights to your data.
Personal Data That We Collect:
You may be required to submit certain personal data when you register and use our Service. If you choose to withhold any personal data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to parts of the site and for us to respond to your query. We, as Controllers, use the information we collect to operate and maintain our Services offered, send you marketing communications and respond to your questions and concerns.
The personal data which you may provide to us could include:
- Your name;
- Your contact information (including address, email address and phone number);
- Your IP address;
- Your geographical location;
- Languages spoken;
- Information stored on or shared in social media accounts (such as, by way of example but not limitation, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google Plus); and/or
- Payment information;
Non-Personal Data That We Collect:
When you access our Service or use the Hours Time Tracking services, we may automatically collect non-personal data from you, such as IP host address, web pages viewed, browser type, operating system, referring service, search information, device type, page views, usage and browsing habits on the Service and similar data. We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular state) in a manner which does not identify any one individual.
It is possible at times when collecting non-personal data through automatic means that we may unintentionally collect or receive personal data that is mixed in with the non-personal data. While we will make reasonable efforts to prevent such incidental data collection, the possibility still exists. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected your personal information, please notify us at [email protected] .
We will only use your personal data as described below, unless you have specifically consented to another type of use, either at the time the personal data is collected from you or through some other form of consent from you or notification to you:
- We may share your personal data collected in connection with providing the Service.
- We may use your personal data to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- We may disclose personal data as required by law or legal process.
- We may disclose personal data to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for our services.
- We may share your personal data with an affiliate of Hours Time Tracking who is in the same corporate family as us as long as their privacy practices are substantially similar to ours.
- We may transfer your personal data in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of Hours Time Tracking or the division responsible for the services with which your personal data is associated.
- We may use your Personal Data to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Web site and services; submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from Hours Time Tracking that better meet your needs.
- We may share Personal Data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our Services and help us operate our business, such as website design, sending email communications, telephone communication, text messaging, advertising, fraud prevention, customer care, third party surveys or performing analytics. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. Our contracts with these third parties require them to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information we provide to them, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and not use Personal Information for purposes other than the product or service they’re providing to us or on our behalf. We urge you to read the privacy practices of any third parties before submitting any personal information through the Service.
- We may share aggregate demographic information which may be used by us for any purposes permitted by law and may be shared with any number of parties, provided that such information shall not specifically identify you.
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, many functions and conveniences of our Services may not work properly.
Analytics and Conversion Tracking:
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. The Analytics Services may use first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We may then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
The security of your personal data is very important to us. When we collect your personal data online, we use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your personal data will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of our Service and Hours Time Tracking services demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your personal data.
Hours Time Tracking shall investigate and report data breaches within 72 hours of becoming aware of such breach. When a breach of Personal Data is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals then Hours Time Tracking, as Controller, will notify the affected individuals without undue delay.
Information That You Voluntarily Provide:
You should be aware that personal data which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum such as an in-person panel or survey, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your personal data, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personal data provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
If you choose to connect with a social networking service, such as Facebook, we may share information with that service, and that service may share information about you with us.
Protection for Children:
We generally do not collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If at any time in the future we plan to collect personal data from children under 13, such collection and use, to the extent applicable, shall, when required, be done in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and appropriate consent from the child’s parent or guardian will be sought where required by COPPA. When we become aware that personal data from a child under 13 has been collected without such child’s parent or guardian’s consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
User Access to Data:
You have the right to request access to the data information we have stored on you. You can do this by contacting us at [email protected] We will make sure to provide you with a copy of the saved data particular to you. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfill your request by sending an electronic copy unless you expressly specify a different method of receipt.
Data Correction and Deletion:
If you believe the data Hours Time Tracking has collected on you is incorrect, you are encouraged to contact us to update it. Any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified in this Policy will be deleted. You may request to have your data updated or deleted at any point by emailing us at [email protected]
We provide you the ability to delete your data. We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on the nature of your data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant operational needs. To delete your personal data at any time, please email your request to [email protected]
Storage and Processing:
If you are using our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information (including Personal Data) to the United States where our servers are located. Hours Time Tracking may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliate entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the EU or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, please note that we will not transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Communications with Hours Time Tracking:
No Rights of Third Parties:
For EU Users:
Hours Time Tracking complies with the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC framework as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Hours Time Tracking has certified that it adheres to the requirements of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement.